Besides hiking, volunteer trail work is the major activity of the Finger Lakes Trail Conference. FLTC members and affiliated hiking clubs or organizations have built the trail during the past five decades, and we get out on the trail throughout the year to keep it in shape. We do this because we love the trail, we enjoy working in the woods with fellow volunteers, and it is a great way to stay in shape ourselves. If you want to join us, here are the ways you can:
- As a trail section Adopter/Steward
- As a Local Work Crew member
- As a certified Sawyer
- As a Trail Sponsor
- As a Regional Trail Coordinator
- As an “Alley-Cat” crew member
- As a “Travelin’ Training Team” member
See the page links to the right for further information.
Contact us if you want to join in building and maintaining the premier hiking trail in New York.