This hike, held in the summer, honors Ed Sidote, Mr. End-to-End of the Finger Lakes Trail. Ed has inspired many hikers to follow in his footsteps. He is End-to-Ender #3. You can read more about Ed ‘Happy Hiking’ Sidote here.
Ed Sidote Summer Hike – 2013
FLT Map M23 – Chenango County / Pharsalia Wildlife Management Area
Saturday, July 27, 2013
9:00 am for both the long and short hike versions. (We hope to have Ed Sidote at the trailhead to greet everyone at 9 am !)
Perkins Pond Parking area at the intersection of Cty Rte 42 and Planck Road.
Rte 42 runs between Cincinnatus and North Pharsalia. Coming from Cincinnatus on NY Rte 23, turn left onto Cty Rte 42. Parking area is 1.8 miles from this intersection. Parking lot is “just past” the green Finger Lakes Trail Sign at Johnson St. (DO NOT turn onto to Johnson St). Please do not block Planck Road with your vehicle.
Long and short hike versions will both be offered:
- Long Hike is 9 Miles, on DEC Trail, the FLT, and seasonal roads. Moderate hike with relatively easy climbs. We’ll pass by two ponds, two small water crossings, and have lunch at the Perkins Lean-to. We plan on having a sag wagon for the “Long Hike.”
- Short Hike is just under 3 miles, on DEC Trail, the FLT, and seasonal road. (Very little elevation involved.)
- Long Hike – Warren Johnsen, 607-373-3054 or [email protected]
- Short Hike – Donna & Bruce Coon (please contact Warren with any questions)
No car shuttling is necessary, both hikes start and end at the same place.
- Long Hike – bring your lunch, in addition to snacks & drinks
- Short Hike – bring snacks and drinks